Here’s the email sent to all registered teachers. If you didn’t receive this, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 64675667 during office hours!
1. Greetings from Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL).
2. Thank you for registering for the inaugural 2018 National Chinese Mobile App Development by Students for Students Competition. To induct participants, there will be an important Briefing cum Workshop which participants are strongly encouraged to attend.
3. Due to overwhelming response, SCCL is unable to accommodate all the participants at our own campus, and we have sourced for a more suitable venue instead. Details of the session are as follows:
|Date:||6 and 7 Nov 2017 (Mon and Tue*)|
|Time:||2pm – 5pm* (Registration at 1:45pm)|
|Venue:||Hwa Chong Institution Auditorium, at the Clock Tower Block of the High School Section. Please refer to the map attached for details.|
* Workshop from 3:30pm on 6 Nov, and all of 7 Nov, is optional for Open Category.
4. To get to the venue, please observe the following directions:
- Cars and buses to enter via Gate 3 and exit via Gate 2.
- Cars will be directed to park along the driveway. There are only 50 lots available for parking.
- Buses are to alight the passenger and leave the campus. No parking allowed for buses.
- Travelling by MRT: Take Exit A along Bukit Timah Road and enter via Gate 2.
- Taking public buses: Alight and enter via Gate 3.
- Please advise participants to arrive only after 1pm.
5. The programme of the session is as follows:
|Day 1 (6 Nov 2017, Monday)|
|2:00pm – 2:10pm||Welcome|
|2:10pm – 2:40pm||Admin Briefing: Rules, Schedule, Deliverables, Evaluation Rubrics|
|2:40pm – 3:10pm||Overview of Chinese Reference Resources for Participants|
|3:10pm – 3:20pm||Q & A|
|3:20pm – 3:30pm||Water break|
|3:30pm – 5:00pm||App Development Workshop|
|5:00pm||End of Day 1|
|Day 2 (7 Nov 2017, Tuesday)|
|2:00pm – 4:45pm||App Development Workshop|
|4:45pm – 5:00pm||Q & A|
|5:00pm||End of Day 2|
6. Participants should bring their own laptops, and should ensure their laptops are fully charged before each session. Please install a modern web browser such as Google Chrome, and register for, and download, Genymotion Personal Edition (especially for participants without Android phones). Participants will be provided access to various online resources, as well as Wi-Fi access.
8. We look forward to touching base with you at the session. Thank you very much for your support.
The Organising Committee