Updates 最新消息Stay tuned to this page for news and updates!
Congratulations to the teams who made it to the finals of the competition! Your teachers should have been notified in December. For the teams who didn’t qualify, we hope you had an enjoyable and fruitful learning experience, and that you’ll take what you learned and apply it towards making amazing things.
For the teams who qualified, please note there’s a briefing for finalists. Details below:
- When: 12 January 2018, 2:30pm to 5:30pm
- Where: Singapore Centre for Chinese Language, 287 Ghim Moh Road
- Please note this briefing is not compulsory. We will provide the updates/slides on Slack* after the briefing.
* Has your team joined the finalist Slack group yet? If not, please send an email to email@example.com with your team number, CCing all your team members’ emails.
Here’s the plan for the briefing:
- Milestone submission and presentation details
- General feedback and showcase of existing apps
- Using Slack to communicate
- Assets and avatars available for use
- Making your game more fun: gamification concepts
- (Optional, from 4pm) Concurrent feedback/consultation sessions
See you there, or on Slack!
Reminder to all teams: Submission deadline is Friday, 17 November, 11:59am (before noon). If you face any issues submitting, please email us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to submit: The submit link is tk.sg/scclsubmit. A Google account is required for submission; you can use your teachers’.
What to submit: Please refer to the briefing slides for details. Be sure to include these 3 items, and read the slides carefully to ensure you have met all requirements:
- App design document
- App demo
Thank you for participating, and enjoy your holidays!
If you forgot your theme numbers, please drop us an email.
This page will be updated with the latest resources for your app development journey.
The shared Google Drive folder is available below:Shared Resources Folder
Passwords protecting the ZIP files containing curriculum resources have been provided at the briefing. Please email (teachers: from your MOE account; students: CC your teacher-in-charge) if you need them.
- Welcome slides
- Overview of Chinese reference resources
- Competition overview
- Training slides on Intro to wireframing and prototyping
Here’s the email sent to all registered teachers. If you didn’t receive this, please get in touch at email@example.com or call 64675667 during office hours!
1. Greetings from Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL).
2. Thank you for registering for the inaugural 2018 National Chinese Mobile App Development by Students for Students Competition. To induct participants, there will be an important Briefing cum Workshop which participants are strongly encouraged to attend.
3. Due to overwhelming response, SCCL is unable to accommodate all the participants at our own campus, and we have sourced for a more suitable venue instead. Details of the session are as follows:
|Date:||6 and 7 Nov 2017 (Mon and Tue*)|
|Time:||2pm – 5pm* (Registration at 1:45pm)|
|Venue:||Hwa Chong Institution Auditorium, at the Clock Tower Block of the High School Section. Please refer to the map attached for details.|
* Workshop from 3:30pm on 6 Nov, and all of 7 Nov, is optional for Open Category.
4. To get to the venue, please observe the following directions:
- Cars and buses to enter via Gate 3 and exit via Gate 2.
- Cars will be directed to park along the driveway. There are only 50 lots available for parking.
- Buses are to alight the passenger and leave the campus. No parking allowed for buses.
- Travelling by MRT: Take Exit A along Bukit Timah Road and enter via Gate 2.
- Taking public buses: Alight and enter via Gate 3.
- Please advise participants to arrive only after 1pm.
5. The programme of the session is as follows:
|Day 1 (6 Nov 2017, Monday)|
|2:00pm – 2:10pm||Welcome|
|2:10pm – 2:40pm||Admin Briefing: Rules, Schedule, Deliverables, Evaluation Rubrics|
|2:40pm – 3:10pm||Overview of Chinese Reference Resources for Participants|
|3:10pm – 3:20pm||Q & A|
|3:20pm – 3:30pm||Water break|
|3:30pm – 5:00pm||App Development Workshop|
|5:00pm||End of Day 1|
|Day 2 (7 Nov 2017, Tuesday)|
|2:00pm – 4:45pm||App Development Workshop|
|4:45pm – 5:00pm||Q & A|
|5:00pm||End of Day 2|
6. Participants should bring their own laptops, and should ensure their laptops are fully charged before each session. Please install a modern web browser such as Google Chrome, and register for, and download, Genymotion Personal Edition (especially for participants without Android phones). Participants will be provided access to various online resources, as well as Wi-Fi access.
8. We look forward to touching base with you at the session. Thank you very much for your support.
The Organising Committee
Welcome to the SCCL App Competition 2018 website! Stay tuned for announcements, resources, and other news. You can subscribe to our RSS feed to stay updated.